The Do’s and Don’ts of Landscape Care This Winter
Winter is a challenging season for landscapes. From the harsh weather and cold temperatures to the increased pest activity in gardens, preserving your outdoor space in the winter can be a daunting task. Many property owners lack knowledge of the proper do’s and don’ts of winter landscape care. In this article, we’ll break down exactly what you should and shouldn’t be doing as you care for your garden this winter season. Let your commercial landscaping service provider help you!
- Plan Ahead: One of the best things you can do for your garden this winter is to be prepared for colder temperatures and harsher conditions. Make sure to check your property for dead branches and trees that can become hazardous if the weather takes a turn for the worse.
- Cover Your Plants: Depending on the type of plant, you may opt to cover them with cloth, plastic, or other materials to give them a bit of extra protection from extreme temperatures and snow/ice storms.
- Rake Your Leaves: Remember to rake away any dead leaves so they don’t smother your plants and cause harm to the soil.
- Overwater: Although plants need some hydration to survive, overwatering can be an issue in winter. Be sure to keep your plant’s roots from becoming waterlogged, as this can lead to root rot.
- Prune Trees: Avoid pruning trees or any other plants during winter. Pruning in the winter can cause more damage than good.
- Apply Too Much Fertilizer: While fertilizing your plants can be beneficial to their growth, doing it too much can be harmful and should be avoided.
The winter season can be tough on your garden, but with the right actions, you can keep your landscape looking healthy and vibrant all season long. Follow the do’s and don’ts outlined in this article to ensure your garden receives the best care for this coming winter season.
Companies like Landscaping Services By Carlos are the ones that you can trust for an affordable commercial landscaping service in the area. We’re known in all Renton, WA for the quality services that we’re offering at affordable prices. For inquiries, don’t hesitate to call us at (206) 420-0943!